Flower is an unofficial, fan-created, non-profit network for legitimate arcade rhythm games in Europe, run for the benefit of players across the continent.
- We are non-profit by nature - the network is completely, 100%, free to join and participate in for both arcade owners1 and players, and we will never charge any fees.
- Arcades are free to use any legitimate title they own, within reason2.
- We are not a replacement for any official equivalent, where available: we are providing this service purely because there is simply no support for these arcade titles whatsoever in this region. If this situation changes, we will reconsider our position.
The arcade provides the cabinet and the game - we provide the network - the player enjoys the game.
1: Free, but not open: arcade registration is by curated invitation only.
2: We will not support any title that, as a team, we consider would bring the network into disrepute.
Flower offers both you and your players a number of significant benefits to running offline, including:
- Score and progress persistence across plays and locations.
- An electronic credit system (called Petals) for titles that support it.
- Customisation options, including skins, game settings, and more.
- Detailed gameplay tracking via our responsive web interface, so your players can see their improvement (and their rivals!)
- A useful dashboard exclusively for arcade operators with information like regular players, play counts, and more.
The titles we support include:
- Konami™'s BEMANI line, including:
- beatmania IIDX 17 Sirius or newer
- DanceDanceRevolution X or newer
- pop'n music 20 fantasia or newer
- jubeat saucer or newer
- REFLEC BEAT colette or newer
- Sound Voltex any version
- ... and more, depending on demand
We have a basic set of requests that we expect all locations to follow. In summary, these are as follows:
- This network is currently for Europe only. We will not review any location from outside this region.
- The cabinet a game is running on should be completely legitimate. This includes the PCB, dongles, HDDs, gameplay controls, decals, etc... We do not accept hand-made cabinets with real hardware or real cabinets with your laptop plugged in.
- Secondary to the above, this service is not designed to enable piracy. Just because you've got a legitimate cab doesn't mean you can magically run newer data that you don't own.
- You will also need a set of card readers for your cabinet - most titles will refuse to connect without these.
If you feel like you'd be a good fit, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include some details on who you are, where your arcade is (ideally with an address and website), and what titles you have. If we're interested, you'll hear back from us in due course. Thank you!